Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Posted by jinson on 12:52 PM

On Valentines Day, Provence Catering was honored to sponsor and organize an amazing event for a loving and committed couple. Sue and Lisa celebrated their love in front of family & friends at the Chestnut Club as part of National Commitment Day celebrations. National Commitment Day is a grass roots movement to dedicate a day each year to the many loving couples that are truly committed to one another but are prevented from marriage by laws and prejudice.

The ceremony & reception were the gifts of so many incredible hospitality and special events people and were coordinated through Provence Catering. Below is an excerpt from a letter written in thanks to the many wonderful people who helped make Sue & Lisa's day special;

"When we found out that our ceremony was to be held at the Chestnut Club in Center City we immediately ran to the nearest laptop to get information and check out pictures from their website. We both instantly fell in love with the venue and its description and couldn't’t wait for the big day to arrive.
A few weeks later we had the opportunity to actually visit the Chestnut Club and take a look around, as well as to meet the lovely Healy Edmonds and have all our questions and concerns answered. As Lisa and I wandered around we were again impressed by the high vaulted ceilings, the floor to ceiling windows, the exposed brick walls, and I was particularly impressed by the multitude of candles covering the surfaces of the venue. As Healy and Jessa Pion (of Provence Catering) described for me the big day, in my mind I had this stunning vision of how everything would unfold. At last that day finally arrived and it was everything I had pictured, and so much more!
Walking into the Chestnut Club on my wedding day, the first thing I noticed was that the venue was such a study in contrasts. It had vintage architecture mixed with modern windows and exposed brick walls. It was huge and spacious but with the right lighting was also extremely intimate. It was classic elegance and modern edge all rolled into one. They showed us the round, where our ceremony would take place, and it was utterly unique. I had never seen or heard of a 360o ceremony before! I don’t even know how to describe the gratitude I felt (and still feel) toward everyone present from Provence Catering, as well as Healy and Karen Pecora (who I finally had the pleasure to meet) and pretty much everyone involved with our big day! Working together, they created the most stunning ceremony and reception in a gorgeous venue, and I didn’t have to worry about a thing! Literally! I can say absolutely honestly that even though I was a nervous wreck, Karen and Healy and the men and women of Provence Catering took care of every last detail and made absolutely sure that the day went perfectly smoothly, so I had plenty of time and energy to focus on not falling as I walked down the aisle.
So, on the day of my wedding I enjoyed a fabulous venue, food that was to die for, elegant décor, a joyous atmosphere, and endless support from the women and men who made it all happen. I was all smiles!"

Thanks to Shutter Booth Photo Booths, Alyssa Maloff Photography, Franks Union Wine Mart, New Hope Winery, Natural Designs Floral, Select Event Rental & Cindi Bene, Eventions Lighting, East Coast Events& Entertainment, Sandy O & The Creative Juice Group, Karen & Healy at The Chestnut Club, Eco-Bar for their Organic Mixers, Ice Concepts, Amy Evaninger for her incredible piano & vocals, Journeys of the Heart & the owners & team at Provence Catering.